From:
ekua sharp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 09:13:19 -0400
        Judy,
I think there are so many dynamic reasons that we appreciate our nursing
experiences and that one's own experience is the only true source of
resonance that someone truly wishing to learn will relate to.   Therefore
letting your motivation for sharing this information shine through, is the
best and shouldn't have to become defensive.  Unfortunately, the atmosphere
coming from those who lack the capacity to receive information in an
insightful way cannot be 'Won over' because it essentially means cracking
through their hard won exteriors.  Only the deep thirst for change and to
do the right thing can make us willing to allow the breaking of the shells
that enclose our understanding.  As we live in a time when people believe
that those exteriors are all they have that's protecting them and shoring
up their way of life, I believe in addition to doing our best in a balanced
way, for change to come we can only pray.

Ekua