From:
Kershaw Jane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:38:33 -0500
I heartily disagree with the implication here that M* designed teats to steer women away from breastfeeding.  The teat design work is an attempt to construct a teat that will allow baby to go back to mother without NIPPLE CONFUSION.  Now we all know that there's probably not one perfect teat that will fit all babies, the way a breast will adapt, but it is an admirable goal from an engineering standpoint to try to accommodate the mother who wants to continue to provide milk for her baby while she is away and still promote return to the breast when she is there.