From:
Shaughn Leach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2013 16:13:35 +0800
I agree this poster is better than some out there but all the talk about risk factors isn't going to practically help the mothers who are at higher risk to know just how to deal with a baby who is demanding to be with a human body..... Is this the only time allowing a baby to cry it out is acceptable  - NO I don't think so but are we providing good information/education to help them cope with or solve the problem of a baby who is acting normally?

I am interested to know how my colleagues take the conversation about dealing with the baby that will not sleep anywhere but close to or on their parent's body when there are risk factors involved.   What suggestions do you make to these parents when they are not getting more than an hour or two of sleep per night as they attempt not to fall asleep with their baby?  I suggest clip on cots (however these are not easily attainable in Perth) however do you have any other suggestions?

Shaughn Leach
Perth, Western Australia