From:
Ann Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 15:00:27 -0500
There have been some interesting comments on reflux.  I have been told that
this is ok in infants because of the loose closure at the end of the
esophagus.  In fact both of my children had wicked reflux but were never in
distress and gained beautifully. They are teenagers now and I had little
advise given to me but after Katherin's post I probably wasn't feeding
frequently enough. I don't believe that anything should be added to the milk.
Am I  wrong in the belief if the baby is not in distress and gaining that the
reflux is not harming the infant? And our advise may be to keep the feedings
closer.