From:
Evonne Davison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 15:17:11 -0400
  On the thread of grandparents good and bad I had an Outpatient that came
with her mom share this:  The mother-in-law had expressed concern over the 5
day old infant being sleepy and jaundiced and the question of her milk and
quantity, should it be continued etc.  The mom's mother overheard enough that
she took the phone reciever away from her and said to the MIL " Hello this is
...  did you ever breast feed your children?  No, that's what I thought.
 Well I did and I can tell you the first few days can be rough, no matter how
your feeding.  It isn't helping when people around don't support  you.  I had
a few problems also and it works out.  ..."  She did it without managing to
alienate the MIL!

Evonne