From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 23:29:36 -0400
Many physicians,  just like many other humans,  don't care for change.  And
that is another whole subject.  I don't think it is that they don't want to
learn, they just stick with the tried and true.

Read Diffusion of Innovations by Everett M. Rogers, 1983 or Future Edge by
Joel Arthur Barker, 1992.  Both explain that there are types of people who
are on the cutting edge and eager to change, some types who are followers
and will change if they see it is working for cutting edge people and some
people who are dragged along kicking and screaming into changes, whether
they want to  or not.  Or they finally get around to changing and the
cutting edge people are already moving into a whole new thing (paradigm
shift).  We can't change peoples' personalities.  we can change incentives
or penalties R/T changes.  We can  make change easier in many ways.
Butting our heads against walls doesn't accomplish much of anything except
a headache.  Sincerely, Pat in SNJ