Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2009 09:47:32 -0500
Well I may be late on this, but I appreciated Dr. Wright's hyperlink.?
This past week we were the lucky participants of a JACHO visit.? On Tuesday, my day off, the Nursery was visited for 2 and 1/2 hours.? While the CS babies kept coming and we had bili babies and they were insane.?
The JACHO person asked about the ranges for the refrigerators for storage of our milk which is a convenience so Moms can put it some place before they go over to NICU to visit.? He was adamant we have Mary Rose Tully's book ...well they called me at home. I have alot of texts but not that one. I consulted my Lawrence and my Riordan and read them the recommendations and one even referred to Tully. But no, he wanted the 2006? text on premises. It seems in the "housekeeping for the visit" someone had removed the magnet we had on fridge with information.?
So they will buy it, but as a warning get it..know your parameters. have a monitoring system for temps in place and know your stuff.
We will be opening a Level III in late spring, so it was a message well received.
The LC on that day, well she was upset...she never has updated texts or any texts and blasted me to get on administration case.? I told her that I thought administration already had the message loud and clear and it was for her to know her stuff....not just how to put a baby on the breast.
A lesson well learned.
Leanne Jewell RN-BC, IBCLC, LCCE, FACCE