From:
David Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 12:47:00 EST
As we all know, breastfeeding can decrease the risk of breast cancer.
To add weight to this recommendation, the incidence of breast cancer has been
increasing about 1% every year since the 1940's!
Wondering about these things as I look at my stamp collection......
a 1981 USA 18cent stamp honoring the American Red Cross that depicts a Red
Cross working holding a baby and feeding it with a bottle with the title:
The Gift of Self.  How ironic, eh?  The Gift of Self would seem more
applicable to a mom breastfeeding her infant.  A sign of the times, I guess.
Andrew MD