Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:11:09 +1000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
Dear Lactnetts;
I have been off Lactnet for awhile and have gladly returned. I switched to my home email address because I could not keep up with Lacnet while at work. I am a lactation educator, counselor and am preparing for the IBCLC. I hope to take it next year but still pretty nervous about it. I have permission to post this question from a mom. I work in a hospital and am the only persay lactation staff person. I have two other counselors that work as OB staff. But they are great help to me after hours. This is mom's third baby and is nursing well. She has been spitting up after feedings and has been very fussy and gassy. We discussed stop drinking milk for a few days and possibly tomato sause.
I suspect overactive let down by the way she describes baby's feeding. Her question and mine is that it seems to be worse on one side (regurging after feedings). Other than the fact that one side may be faster flow, I have not ever read or heard of one breast causing a baby to be sick. I know you have bigger and more serious problems to solve but I would appreciate any thoughts on this. I had suggested she pump just to get the initial heavy spray then have baby latch. Use a recliner so that she can lie back to have gravity help and she could use the same breast for more than one feeding to lower the supply. Baby chokes and gulps when she is nursing. Her nipples have been sore and I think it is because she is pulling back to slow the flow.
Thank you in advance.
Terri Klein RN CLE, CLC

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
  The New Yahoo! Movies: Check out the Latest Trailers, Premiere Photos and full Actor Database.

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2