From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 May 1997 09:50:06 -0700
HI All,
When PJ and Ben had bronchitis and nasty head colds on top of it just a
month and a 1/2 ago, I used my breastmilk for PJ to help decongest.  I feel
it is better than the saline for a couple of reasons.  First, it is free and
easy to "make" at home :).  Second, it is non-irritating and if it gets
sucked down into the lungs (kinda hard with a stuffed up nose, but PJ
managed to do it) it is again non-irritating, and harmless.  Third, I
remember a discussion several months ago about lychophages(???) or something
in the breastmilk, and that they could help the sinus infection go away (or
something like that, anyone elsae remember that discussion?).
My comments...
Jay
Jay Simpson, CLE
Sacramento, CA