From:
Celina Dykstra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2012 16:17:56 -0500
Am I the only one to be thinking in terms of something metabolic if baby is still not gaining when food is getting in (output speaks to this), but body is not using it for growth?

Not wanting to give the impression that I'm seeing zinc deficiency everywhere now, but would this situation not raise a red flag that there is something amiss and wouldn't checking for deficiencies such as zinc as well as other minerals, enzymes, etc.. be a place to start?

What would the Peds on the list be looking for?

This is such an incredibly challenging profession.. like EMS, it is never ever the same. Checking the posts on Lactnet is like doing a mini con-ed every time.. I hope that never changes for me!

Celina D, IBCLC, LLLL and former EMT where zebras showed up now and then but mostly we just saw horses... (and where I slept a whole lot less!)