From:
Laurie Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2011 11:26:39 -0500
Hi Michele and/or Maureen,

Re mother produces much more on right than on left.

This does not overly concern me, in general.

Even with full ad lib bf, she may have had an uneven supply, but it has been

exacerbated by the (somewhat infrequent) pump use. I am assuming she uses

a Medela pump in style pump (not a hospital-grade) and I don't find they work well

for moms in the beginning phases of lactation.

However, it seems that mother must have had severely sore nipples to have

opted for pumping ebm, and continuing at 20 days postpartum.

So that needs to be sorted out, fast. It could be that mother really wants to pump

and not bf, so that needs to be clarified too.

Therefore, my suggestions would be to sort out her problems, and get them

fully bf, if possible. If she chooses to pump ebm, I would suggest a hospital-

grade pump rental, used frequently.

Laurie Wheeler RN MN IBCLC

Mississippi USA

Smart Medicine. Inspired Care. And the awards to prove it.

Recognized as a Top 50 Healthcare Network.

To learn about other recognition and awards Baptist has earned,

visit:

http://www.bmhcc.org/aboutus/awards/index.asp

This message and any files transmitted with it may contain legally

privileged, confidential, or proprietary information. If you are

not the intended recipient of this message, you are not permitted

to use, copy, or forward it, in whole or in part without the

express consent of the sender. Please notify the sender of the

error by reply email, disregard the foregoing messages, and delete

it immediately.