Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 13:15:14 EST
hi everyone:
I am mostly a lurker, but I have a question about one of my clients.  She has
been unable to get milk out of her left breast for 2 days now!  Baby is six
weeks, hx. of thrush, c-section, cracked nipples.  Has been doing well for
past 2 weeks.  Calls yesterday with sore breast, fever 102, baby fussing at
that breast. Dr. called in antibiotic and Diflucan, but with snowstorm, won't
be in until tomorrow.  Since yesterday, hasn't been able to get any milk
outeither by nursing, pumping, or hand expressing.  Tried showers , hot
compresses, massage, looking for nursing bleb, using gravity when nursing,
etc.  This seems like something that should be easy-get milk out, but I am
not sure what to try next.      Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks in
advance,
Barb C  RN, doula, volunteer breastfeeding counselor