Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 13:53:31 EDT
i, too, have seen a baby with "nipple confusion" at age 24 hours (!) because
the parents were making the baby suck on a finger and limiting breastfeeding.
also, i have seen babies who received numerous bottles, including as a first
feed, and did fine, and babies who received only one, and did poorly. we have
to remember that we don't know which babies can "handle" switching back and
forth, and which cannot, as i have never found a label on them anywhere which
would tell us which category they fit into.

carol brussel IBCLC
 <A HREF="http://www.breastfeedinghelp.com/">Breastfeedinghelp</A>