From:
The Jones Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 17:28:26 -0700
Laurie,

If a baby isn't getting enough milk at breast and there isn't enough
human milk available, I would supplement with ABM.  The baby needs
protein and other nutrients, not just sugar.  I believe this is in
agreement with most recent literature.

D5W doesn't have enough sugar to do much good if you are worried about
hypoglycemia.  D10W is too likely to cause a rebound hypoglycemia.  The
neonatologists in our area are recommending 24 calorie formula for
hypoglycemia.

Bonnie Jones, RN, ICCE, IBCLC