Date:
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:35:06 EST
I am looking for a specific reference from a past ILCA conference poster
presentation regarding the presence of a Y chromosome found in mother's milk who
was breastfeeding a male infant.  This was presented as evidence of how
antibodies are made specifically in response to infant saliva (bacteria in same)
and the reason to encourage infant mouth to breast contact even when baby is
being fed exclusively expressed milk.

Cathy Genna originally told me about this and cannot find the  reference.  I
am looking for evidence that mouth to breast contact in a non  nursing infant
who is still receiving his mother's expressed milk is  important.  I have
searched intramammmary antibody formation but this does  not specifically address
what I'm looking for.  So, if anyone remembers  this ILCA presentation from a
few years ago, knows how I could search it, or  actually still has notes on
this, I would be grateful for your sharing.

Barbara Latterner, BSN, RN, IBCLC

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)