From:
Pat Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 07:53:54 -0500
In NJ, WIC BF Counselors have long established relationships with the
hospitals and made (until recently) hospital visits to see moms and get them
connected asap.  Now in some  WIC person's great wisdom they are no  longer
allowed to see moms in the hospital!  They may see them at the 4-8 week
visit that moms usually get with a new baby.  Of course we all know that BF
is frequently down the tubes by then.  I personally can not see why a system
that was working well, was "fixed."  Violating the "if it isn't broke, don't
fix it" rule!  I am also sure that our BF continuation rates will tank.
Micromanaging good workable systems is not the way to go.  Typical
bureaucratic hog wash if you ask me.  Yes, I'm incensed!  Pat in SNJ