Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 18:05:05 +0000
I have seen this several times over the last few years working as an LC
in a NICU. We gave the colostrum to the baby each time, thinking that if
the baby had been feeding directly from the breast we would not have
known that the colour was strange.
None of the babies had ill effects and the milk changed to a normal
colour during the first week.
I would love to know what caused the strange colour but was afraid to do
tests of any sort in case Mom or staff were tempted to discard the milk
pending test results.
Regards,
--
Carolyn Westcott RN IBCLC Southampton UK
mailto:[log in to unmask]