From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Sep 1998 08:04:03 -0400
Dear Victoria, I had one mom who nursed baby in am on one side and pumped
the other.  The next day she'd switch sides.  She said it always gave her
confidence to start the day off with one bottle already.  BTW she was a
state police officer and when I met her she was nursing 3rd baby!

My own daughter used to get 1/2 oz- 1 oz, these itty bitty amounts.  Baby
was around a year and she was never able to pump or hand express well
(there weren't fancy pumps then).  Anyway Grandmom (me) used to water down
whatever she gave me so I had enough to give him a sip to get him down for
a nap.  He was eating solids by then, but I needed every precious drop she
got to  get him to sleep (with lots of rocking and walking).  She was
finishing her BSN.  He was always very delighted to see her in late
afternoon and she was desperate to see him :-) and he nursed at night.  She
didn't work early on with  2nd baby, but did with 3rd.  By then  they had
cadillac type pump at  her hosp nursery so pumping enough was never a
problem.

What about the more milk tincture?  Does she pump some extra on weekends?
Sincerely, Pat in SNJ