From:
Debbie Tobin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2015 22:16:12 -0500
Hi Donna,

That wonderful leader was promoted up and out of FCC, ...she was also  very
involved with AWHONN, ...she really should speak at their conference
and/or write up an article about her experiences in building up comprehensive
lactation services, leading, empowering, and relying on an experienced  and
skilled LC staff to make that happen.

Regarding competencies, looks like you got a good foot in the door - bravo!
 ... search and find, for example:

http://www.usbreastfeeding.org/Portals/0/Publications/Core-Competencies-2010
-rev.pdf

http://iblce.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/clinical-competencies.pdf

Where I worked, the hospital/system wide competencies, which took  many
hours to complete, were eventually, thankfully, all online,  except for all the
many hands-on skills, for example glucometer and  breastpump. For all the
hands on skills there was a yearly 'competencies  skills-fair'. The LC staff
manned the breastpump skills station.

Debbie Tobin RN, BSN
Fairfax County, Virginia suburbs  outside the Washington DC beltway

In a message dated 2/11/2015 1:40:13 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,