From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 1997 12:56:54 -0700
HI All,
Have a mom with a 5 mo old who wants to do pumping for her newborn nephew
(who was born prem to a drug-taking mom) to help his health as given his
situation he will need lots of it.  The baby's Ped has said "NO GO" to
giving the baby this pumped milk because she is convinced that communicable
diseases and BF do not mix.  What we need are references that dispel or
confirm this idea and say NO BF with "such and such" disease.
Sorry if this sounda a bit confusing, I hope that my question/need is clear.
TIA!
Jay
Jay Simpson, CLE
Sacramento, CA