From:
kersula family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 20:02:32 -0500
Having been "new kid on the block" from time to time, I'd like to suggest my
mother's wisdom:  you get more flies with honey than with vinegar.  At work
I think other nurses put out ABM mfrs stuff out of laziness and lack of
fire:  the rep stocks the closet faithfully.  I throw it away faithfully.
The rep must think we give away a lot of her stuff!  Actually I just am
scrupulous about tossing it.  But once in a while somebody sees new ABM
stuff and puts it out in the racks.
    My life has been calmer when I refrain from judgment.  The WIC educator
may just be lazy, not care, or not have chosen to spend her budget on decent
breastfeeding materials.  I've been blessed to be able to call the local LLL
Leaders and suggest they bring us a "gift" -- new materials to put in the
racks.  Now _they_ are what is easy to find, so they're getting put in the
racks.
     The educator will learn from you...you only get to assume wonderful
things and "play dumb" as you teach, teach, teach in front of them for so
long.  Seize the moment (Ah! I finally get to use Carpe Diem on Lactnet!).

Dawn Kersula RN, FACCE, IBCLC and LLLL in so VT USA...now the expert instead
of playing dumb...but after paying the amount of dues they decided I owed.
In their own coin.  Cheerfully.