From:
Becky Flora <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 23:40:47 -0400
Hi all,

Following is a copy and paste of a post that was left for me on an on-line
pediatric breastfeeding forum for which I work. Would any of you consider an
SNS in this situation?  Is it possible for this US mother to get access to
someone who might prescribe the Domperidone for her?  Can it be prescribed
by a DR outside the US and then shipped to her?? Would a short 2 week
therapy of Reglan be in order as long as she has no history of depression? I
can't even think about telling her to wean!! I'm still nursing my 27 month
old!  Thank you for any and all assistance!

"
            Hi Becky,

 I have had a wonderful
            nursing relationship with my dd for 3 years. I was recently
hospitalized for Pleurisy ( an infection of the lining of the
            lungs) I was in the hospital for 3 days, where I underwent many
IV treatments, including heavy antibiotics, and
            steroids. They also gave me several respiratory treatments a
day. This was the first time I was seperated from my
            dd in all of her 3 years. I am an attached mama, and this was
hard for both of us! All she wanted to do when I got
            home was nurse, nurse, nurse....There was one problem with
this..A combination of all the medications, and the
            seperation left me all dried up!!! I tried to start pumping. I
pumped 6-8 times a day ( I was still on the oral
            antibiotics, and steroids at first) I took blessed thistle 3
caps/3 times a day..increasing to 4. I took Fenugreek
            (same amounts) I tried teas, increasing fluids etc..Nothing has
worked! I am healthy now ( have been for almost a
            month) I have kept up on this regimine to no avail. I wanted to
try Reglan but have heard bad things with the
            depression side effects. I wanted to try Domperidone, but I have
NO idea where to find it! Can you please point
            me in the right direction?? I am desperate at this point, and my
dd wants her "mama's ahhh milky" back again. It
            kills me for her to try to latch on in the middle of the night
and start to cry ( which wakes me up)when I am still
            empty! PLease don't tell me to wean her. I know she is 3, but I
would like to give it to her until SHE is ready to
            wean ( probobly another 6 months or so)"

Thanks!

Becky Flora, IBCLC
Kingsport, TN