From:
Adele Delgado <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 13:36:25 -0800
regarding Andrew MD and weaning age cited as "can be 2 1/2 years", is
that in the U.S.  Sounds too good for us.  I was under the impression
that world wide the average was 4 1/2 yrs. which means many are getting
the benefit of nursing past that age.  Does anyone have a reference on
these statistics?  I hate to quote things and not be able to back up
where it came from.   Since so many in the U.S. wean at such a young age
I would think 2 1/2 yrs. is rather long for the average.  I'd appreciate
some specifics.
Adele Delgado, LLL,Santa Ysabel, Ca.  who nursed my children a few mos.
either side of 4 yrs.
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]