Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2012 15:59:56 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (32 lines)
Not considering myself an expert, but having been there done that, here is my 2 cents worth ...
I feel for both you and your daughter! I am what I consider a "transitional adult" (forget mid-life - who ever came up with that phrase?)
my own kids have not been babies for a while & are still a while away from having babies of their own - I hope!
I certainly did not know then what I know now, so I will give you a hindsight perspective.
I did not know then that I've had PCOS since - well forever. I did not know until recently the importance of being gluten free with PCOS. 
These days I feel like I need to study nutrition more than anything else.

So, if I had to do things over knowing what I know now - I would definitely go gluten free. 
That said, there is a school of thought that the only soy any of us should consume is properly fermented miso; and yes, corn and dairy can be culprits too, but cultured dairy (think kefir & yogurt, certain cheeses) should be not just tolerable but beneficial.
Now, I'm still learning here; so - please, someone else chime in if they can help out - I am thinking along the lines of the connection between PCOS and diabetes and the connection between diabetes and cows milk and that cultured goat milk may be a better choice then cultured cows milk???
Use of coconut oil for gut health can be good, but needs to be entered into carefully - as in too much too quickly could cause a good bit of digestive distress!

I have no idea why the other baby that had the expressed milk also spit up - maybe we can blend two current threads and assume the baby drank the breastmilk differently/faster than they drink formula and that had something to do with it? Either way, thankfully, we do know babies can be happy spitters and "this too shall pass".

If anyone would like a link to the website that delves into the aspect of gluten free for PCOS e-mail me privately and I will pass it along.

Jodie Drum RN, IBCLC
who is having a most depressing week at work, but I am not overwhelmed for a change

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2