From:
Foretich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 20:54:30 -0600
My standard teaching to clients is that milk is being made when you are
breastfeeding.  I tell them when they are nursing a signal is sent to their
pituitary gland. (I always get a laugh when I say "Bet you never thought
that something in your head had something to do with your breast making
milk!) The signal tells their pituitary to secrete the hormones that tell
the breast to make milk.

Now I realize that there isn't an immediate supply of milk because of this
stimulation.  But that conversation gets even too complicated for me.  I'll
be interested in hearing the explanation further from others on Lactnet.

Moving day for me is Dec. 26.  I'll be going no mail then.  I hope to get a
new server very soon.  Camille Foretich, from Hattiesburg, Mississippi but
soon to be from Greenville, Mississippi.