From:
Becky Krumwiede <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 1995 16:05:41 EDT
I was surprised to read that there was a fear that posting information on LC
salaries might be a problem.  I have a hard time imagining why that might be,
since this is a common practice of other professional organizations.

My husband is a library administrator.  Their professional organization
publishes an annual salary survey that gives the salary ranges of all library
positions in the state.  Now, I know that librarians are different than many of
us in that they are primarily public employees whose salaries are by law public
record.  But without even digging into this, there was a copy of a journal on
his desk called "Nonprofit World" that had an article in this month's issue
called "Nonprofit Salaries:  What Are You Paying For?  -A new survey provides
results you can use to set salaries in your organization.-"  It gave average
salaries based on length of experience, education, supervisory responsibilies,
type of organization, etc.

I don't have a clue whether there are legal implications in discussing fees for
specific services.  However, discussing *salaries* certainly doesn't appear to
be a problem.  Or are we somehow different and I'm missing something?

Becky Krumwiede, RN, IBCLC, Wisconsin (whose first child had nur-nur's and the
other two had na-na's)