From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 23:47:21 +0000
mary ann

i believe there is a home pasteurization method mentioned in our archives, I
think maybe related to HIV issues.
the mother and her relatives can see an attorney, maybe even the hospital
atty and the neonatologist, and forge an agreement, absolving the donating
moms of liability. The appropriate screenings can be done now and at
intervals (blood work on the donating moms, microbiological  screening of
the milk perhaps - it will not be sterile, of course). Then the milk can be
home pasteurized before feeding to the baby.

I am surprised the mom did not think to just bring in the milk and say it is
hers.

Laurie Wheeler, IBCLC, MN, RN
New Orleans Louisiana, s.e. USA