From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 17:41:00 -0400
If a mother is having a normal pregnancy, and is not experiencing pre-term
labor, then she most certainly can breastfeed through a pregnancy. If she is
told she cannot breastfeed, the doctor should be the one called upon to cite
his references for this recommendation.

If she cannot breastfeed, did he also tell her that she should not have sex,
or orgasms, or anything else that might cause contractions of the uterus?

This is a classic example of cutting the roast in half because of habit, not
because there is any good reason to do so ( also fondly known as I really
don't have a reason, but do as I say...anyhow. )

Kathleen

Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet,TLC, Indep. Consultant
Williston, Vermont
mailto:[log in to unmask]
LACTNET Archives http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/lactnet.html