From:
Helen Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 16:02:22 -0400
Good news -- the Johnson and Johnson company has sold off its feeding bottle business.  See their website at www.jnj.com/news.  Many users of LactNet may be in settings where baby cosmetics from this company are distributed to mothers; it is helpful to know that with the elimination of bottles and teats, the company is no longer in violation of the International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes.
But I hope that we will still question whether baby cosmetics are necessary medically, and if not, whether it is professionally ethical for specific brands of these needless products to be promoted through the practices of our workplaces.
We never run out of unsettled questions....
Helen