From:
Jennifer Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jan 2006 03:19:33 EST
I would love to share a wonderful success.
I spoke to a devistated mom of a 4 week old infant. I was only able to help
by phone calls. She said her baby never latched properly and at this time
refused the breast. The baby had been diagnosed with a high palate and perhaps
tongue thrusting by the lactation consultants whom she sought help from. Her milk
therefore was drying up and she was having to supplement with formula. When I
spoke to her she had been told to pump but was not using a hospital grade pump
and was not keeping up an adequate milk supply. I told her to pump with a
classic pump 8 times a day and to write down each time she pumped as well as
noting how much milk she got each time (as well to continue the formula and slowly
replace it with breast milk as she was able). I also suggested cranial sacral
treatments.
 Her report to me was that she slowly was able to increase her milk
production to surpass the baby's needs by week 3, and that 3 days after her first
cranial sacral treatment the baby took to the breast. Needless to say she is
ecstatic. So am I. Thought I should pass this along as she had had several
consultants assisting her and no one had suggested keeping a log which for her gave her
the ability to continue pumping, and no one had suggested cranial sacral
work. Just thought I'd share this success. Jennifer Davidson RN IBCLC