From:
Diana Dietz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 16:12:04 -0800
> But it still seems to give those 'substitues' equal billing with human
> milk.  As if they are interchangeable.

I agree 100%, Heidi! I like the term "replacer" better than "subsitute."
Of course, I prefer to think of formula as The Great Pretender (as in:
to make believe; to lay false claim; to appear falsely so as to
deceive).

But the real reason for this post is to get advice on how to demonstrate
what formula is actually made of.
I'm preparing a class on infant feeding and am considering showing the
participants what basic ingrediants go into formula. Should I just mix
some powdered milk, water, veg. oil and vitamins together? My goal is to
take some of the mystique away from ABM, not suggest that parents make
their own formula at home.

All suggestions/advice welcome!

Thanks,
Diana Dietz, RN, BSN
Atlanta, GA USA
Diana Designs -- designs that celebrate mothers and breastfeeding
http://www.prairienet.org/community/health/laleche/diana.html