From:
Mandy Ball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2013 23:35:11 -0500
Last week I  referred a patient to her OB to be treated for yeast/candida of the breast. She had some of the vague symptoms (but still pointing towards yeast like pain). it has persisted and I felt it was worth treating. She happened to see the pediatrician first and he was on board to treat mom and baby (nystatin, diflucan). Mom followed up for routine visit with OB  a week later and she told the mother that she has read no literature that talks about the treatment of yeast on the breast and that she does not treat it and doesn't feel like it should be treated.

I am at a loss. This mother feels she is getting really conflicting advice and now feels a bit confused and like she shouldn't have treated.

Now I am confused. Did I miss something? Aren't we still treating  yeast/thrush?

Mandy Ball RN IBCLC
Denver