From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 07:43:31 -0500
Gee Carol, squeezing is appropriate if it's formula in a squeeze bottle,
but not breast milk in a breast.  P.S. The birth weight was probably
accurate for that moment in time, but shouldn't really be used as a
beginning standard.  On the flip side, as baby was peeing out extra fluid,
shunted into the abdm. cavity, out put probably isn't a good standard
either.  It's an iffy position/questimate of baby's true weight.  Very
careful pre and post feed weights on a digital scale is very accurate.  (I
think it is a Meier article).  But it sounds to me like they do things for
a quick fix and couldn't be bothered. I hope the syringe thing was via an
in-place NG tube.  Otherwise this baby is getting set up for major oral
aversion or maybe she is going to have to stamp her foot and scream at pedi
for letting all  this go on. I agree with mom, pump like crazy to keep up
her supply and get home as quick as she can.  Sincerely, Pat in SNJ