From:
Sara Bernard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 23:03:00 +0100
I'm too dismayed about the goings on on lactnet this last period. Can I
remind everyone of all those good times - remember those great discussions
about reverse pressure softening with Jean Cotterman, those exellent
describtions about high palates / mouth shapes and latch with Catherine
Watson-Genna, the tear jerking posts about Hanni and Shosi? That's just to
name a few that spring into my head.

Why don't we all take a break and look in our saved files for those posts
that have really interested us and helped us in our goals so we can refocus
on what lactnet should be about and not what it sometimes (how
inadvertantly) becomes. I find myself skimming throught lactnet looking for
the useful information that can help me in my future career and find it a
real pain in the rear-end to delete a whole digest without really feeling
there was something interesting or educational to read.

I've taken a tip from a friend recently about mailing lists and that is too
not compose your post at the computer. Do it in your head while doing some
meaningless task like cleaning the windows or ironing clothes. Then later,
type it into the computer, re-read and then send!

And Barbara, please don't go! Your post have been invaluable to most, if not
all of us over the years.

Sara Bernard
The Netherlands
(mother, breastfeeding counselor, biologist and 2005 exam candidate!)