From:
"Pat Gorman, CLE" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 1995 21:29:00 PST
I am so glad to see a fellow episcopalian being concerned about the status
of bf in church. For 14 years I attended a small congeration in rural
Oregon, about 30 on a good Sunday. While I was at the church I bf 4 of my 6
children, I tried to be as discrete as possible. At some point several
parishioners asked the priest to tell me to stop or they would not attend
the Sunday services. He told them he was sorry that they would not be coming
back. This is the same man who reached down to bless my nursing baby and
just smiled. Yes, this is a remarkable priest he went on to become and is
presently the Bishop of Idaho. WE are no longer at this parish we have moved
on to a larger church but these are good memories of someone who practice
what he preached, that even children and babies are to be respected . After
all in this season of Advent we are awaiting the birth of a baby
.    If I ca be any help in promoting bf in the Episcopal Church let me know.

Pat Gorman CLE