From:
Robin/Joan MacNeil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 09:48:02 -0300
About the mom who was asked to leave Sears portrait studios to breastfeed,
Linda V said :
***
If anyone figures out just whom we should yell at, please let us know."
***

Linda - I e-mailed via the Sears web page at
http://www.sears.com/cserv/compln.htm
and got a call yesterday from them. They do rent out the studio, but the
photography people are required to follow Sears policies. The lady also
stated that they tell the employees to be sure that everyone who is seen
breastfeeding is told of the private room. I suggested that the way this is
approached would make a difference, and that they should say something like
- "While you are welcome to breastfeed anywhere at Sears, there is a
nursing room on the third level" or something like that. (And thank you to
whoever it was on this list that used those words first about breastfeeding
in malls.)

Joan
RN, BScN, IBCLC
but much, much, much more importantly.....
wife to Robin (m. August 87), mom to Kyla (July 89), Connor (April 92),
Aidan (April 97) and Erin (April 97)

ICQ UIN # 1309546

Breastmilk - Your baby's first immunization