From:
gale denis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 11:52:37 -0500
Hi Jan,
    I introduced myself back in July 1999 when I passed my IBCLC, but have been
lurking ever since.  I am a relatively new IBCLC and expect to continue learning
for the rest of my life---but I felt humbled by the vast experience of all of you
posting to Lacnet and did not feel I had anything to offer till now.  I had a
woman in my breastfeeding support group who had a screaming baby.  The only time
this little one would quiet was when she was being jiggled vigorously by
mom--even during feedings (hard to latch while jiggling--but this mom managed!).
Mom went to an infant massage class when her daughter was 6 weeks old.  Amazing
changes happened soon after she started massaging her baby daily.  She gradually
increased the massage time from a few minutes to 30 minutes and her baby became
increasingly calmer.  This little girl is now two.  Still challenging, but
blessed with a wonderful calm and caring mom.  They both have found ways to curb
her frustrations and  enjoy life together.  Has this baby been checked for
medical problems that might cause chronic pain?   I know of one baby who had
torsion of his testicle and was a new baby post op.
Thanks for the opportunity to join in the chatting
Gale Denis IBCLC