From:
Alison Jacobson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 2009 21:32:11 -0500
>No one outside the UK will have heard of  Nell McAndrew, I don't
>suppose - she's a model (I think) and TV presenter. What she says in
>this piece is actually pretty all right - and as the Mirror is a mass
>circulation tabloid, and the story has been picked up word for word
>elsewhere, I think this is all good publicity for mothers and
>children's happiness and contentment and confidence in bf for as long
>as they want :)

I just loved this article for a couple of reasons.  First off, I was so
impressed that Nell was so open.  I like how she discussed how even her
feelings about her own breasts changed - very insightful and positive for
women to hear.  Second, I liked that she was open about her augmentation.
Like it or not, augmentation is a reality for so many women, and there's a
myth that you can't nurse if you've had surgery on your breasts.

Also, I think it's fabulous for breastfeeding when women who look like Nell
are open about nursing and extended bf.  Many women think you have to look
like an earth mother to extended bf.  And while I love all you earth mamas
out there, I want a VARIETY of images for women to relate to.  Now, some
could say that she creates false expectations for the postpartum body.  It's
a valid criticism.  All in all, though, I was impressed with the article.

You go, Nell!  You go on with your sexy self, girl!  :)  :)

Alison Jacobson
(who is not holding her breath waiting for her body to look like Nell's!)

--
"When a person wins the lottery, they jump up and down. You know why? Not
because they won 200 million dollars, but because they won endless

-HaRav Noach Weinberg, zt"l