From:
Susan Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2009 08:15:51 -0800
Having just returned to the US from Saudi Arabia, I have renewed appreciation for the many ways this list turns my attention to breastfeeding issues challenging women globally.  Wherever we live, our local neighborhoods are the center of our mental maps.  Seeing your map for a minute helps me re-align my own.

I was interested in the article Janice posted both for its inclusion of breastfeeding issues and for the heartbreaking experience presented.  While I  understand the accompanying photo alone may have shaken some political shackles with that first click, I did find the breastfeeding story within appropriate for Lactnet.

It's a shrinking world, my friends.  I hope we can share the world's stories with sensitivity rather than censorship.

Susan Johnson MFA, IBCLC, RLC
Salt Lake City, UT USA