Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2007 20:15:22 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (38 lines)
Hello Lactnetters,

I know this has been discussed in the past, but I have not paid much attention previously, (other than being aware of the discussion) due to lack of a personal connection prior to now.    

* I have searched the archives and found allergen (milk and soy, including food protein-induced enterocolitis syndrome (FPIES), infection (including protozoan such as giardia) and foremilk/hindmilk imbalance related posts.

Feel free to respond off-list.

Leslie Ashton, RN. BSc
Ottawa, Ontario Canada  

From my chiropractor who has a client who's little girl had a very traumatic birth, with permission to post..  

>>Baby born via c-section as a result of a lot of complications.  This baby was in intensive care for the first couple of weeks of life, and was given a lot of antibiotics.

She is about 6 months old now, and has very loose stool (liquidy) with blood and mucus.  Mom has been advised by an allergist to stop breastfeeding, as he suspects that the baby may be allergic to something in mom's breastmilk (go figure...he doesn't make the connection between the trauma to the digestive system as a result of all the antibiotics this baby was on).

Mom and baby are both on probiotics, which hasn't done much, and she is at a loss of what to do.  She has been on an elimination diet for quite some time, and is eating very clean.

Suggestions???

thanks!

Kelly

Dr. Kelly Norman, B.Sc., D.C.
www.backinbalancechiro.ca
"Providing gentle care for you and your family"

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2