From:
Nleeguitar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 01:19:51 EST
Hi Everybody:
    The research on HIV is scary. In the USA however, 3 women out of 2,000 are
HIV+, which leaves us lots of mothers to work with, and plenty who could
nurse.
    Why oh why isn't there a massive campaign to alert people to the dangers
of semen which is a more significant and ubiquitous vector for HIV
transmission? Now there is a deadly fluid! Why is it human milk that we must
beware and not the male fluid? Semen has spread HIV around the world. One man
can infect tens of other men and women..why doesn't WHO/UNICEF and other
agencies give at least equal emphasis to avoiding contact with it? Is this
another reflection of the past millenia's growing, frightening trend of
patriarchy? If we can't breastfeed, we probably shouldn't procreate
either.....Nikki