From:
Celina Dykstra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Aug 2011 20:20:52 -0400
Hi there,

Some of your names are familiar, some not :>) I'm Celina Dykstra, listed LLL
Leader for Lakes Region LLL, NH, CLC through Healthy Children's Project and
a 2011 candidate for the IBLCE exam. I've been a LLL Leader since 1985
(member since 1980), first in British Columbia, Canada then Peace River,
Alberta, then back to BC. After my first grandson was born in 2007, I
decided to be re accredited here in NH where we moved in 1999, after a 7
year break from LLL and, in preparation for this year, took Jan Riordan's
Bfdg and Hum Lact. course - Bless the Internet - my new Mantra...  I'm a
member of the NH Breastfeeding Task Force and am looking forward to working
as an IBCLC in private practice providing I pass the exam.. (this waiting
period is more difficult than studying!).
I am the mother of 4 daughters, ages 32, 29, 26 and 21 and have had two
hospital births and two home births. We homeschooled and are vegetarians
(aren't ALL LLL families homeschooling and vegetarian??? ... LOL) and one
thing that drew me to LLL in the first place was the respect for our
alternative lifestyle. The mothers and Leaders I met in the early 80's are
still my close friends - sound familiar?!.
My daughters and "long suffering" husband (who maintains that he knows as
much as I do about breastfeeding through osmosis) will be very pleased that
I will be able to "talk" someone else's ear off about breastfeeding for a
change. (though D#1 can do the same especially after a more than busy shift
in L & D and a challenging mom/baby dyad to work with postpartum.. she is SO
much my daughter!)
I look forward to many interesting, enlightening, rejuvenating and
informative discussions in your virtual "living room"... aaaahhhhh...
nirvana. And looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Celina