From:
Ann Calandro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2006 17:55:20 -0500
Our nurse manager is considering instituting a nap time for new moms for a
couple of hours in the mid-afternoon. We have noticed that moms have a lot
of company all day long and by the time night rolls around, they are tired and
babies come alive, ready to eat. We wondered if instituting a quiet time in the
afternoon might increase sleep for moms and thus increase breastfeeding
success. We hope that less moms will want to have the nurse give the baby a
bottle so she can get more sleep. Has anyone tried this in their hospital?
We were considering having no visitors, and having phones turned off during
that time. Thoughts?
Also, has anybody seen any research on this?
Thanks for any suggestions on this.
Ann Calandro, RNC, IBCLC