From:
MOMCORGI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 14:56:13 EST
Did anybody here see the article "BF Stimulates the Infant Immune System" by
Lars Hanson, PhD in "Science And Medicine", Nov-Dec 1997 issue?  I was told it
is from a 20 year study in Sweden and compares breast milk and formula, and
that "it demonstrates one of the major differences between cow's milk and
mother's milk is lack of five olioscharides...It lists fucose, N-
acetylnuramenic acid, N acetylglucosamine, glucose, glactose as the five that
are only found in trace amounts in dairy milk."
I understand the article is supportive of bf, though I don't know if the
article is any good or not, and I'm not familiar with that journal.    You can
get reprints from Les Clements at 800 434-5265 or email [log in to unmask]
Cynthia D. Payne
LLL of Berkshire County Massachusetts