From:
June Rychlik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 20:21:03 EDT
In a message dated 7/19/01 7:59:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 I wonder if any groggy new mother has ever dropped her baby while
 trying to get him out of the hospital bassinet to breastfeed in the
 middle of the night?  Seems an equally perilous scenario to dropping
 a cosleeper while trying to get up to pee!

I recall my birth of my son from a c-section, that I was unable to get out of
bed without help at first. If I didnt have a support person with me at the
moment, I had to buzz a nurse to help me get my son into bed with me to feed.
 I didn't keep him with me because I was worried that he would fall out of
that narrow bed!!! (although I know I fell asleep with him more than once.)
In restrospect that seems like a perfect reason to have cosleeping, but at
the time it seems perilous to me.

June Rychlik