From:
Kathy Eng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2006 17:31:53 -0500
Although Celiac is not a food allergy as such, I have read that women
from families with food allergies should avoid the foods during
pregnancy and then breastfeed. Apparently it sensitizes the baby in the
womb. You might find an old copy of Is This Your Child by D. Rapp, MD or
look on the web for the celiac web site. I ate a ton of dairy with my
third pregnancy and he is the most allergic child, still has problems. I
must have been brain damaged because I knew better and when I finally
stopped eating dairy when he was 4 months old, I felt so much better
myself. My other two didn't tolerate milk of any kind but did not have
these problems like my third. And he was 100% breastfed.

Kathy Eng, BSW, IBCLC