From:
Toby Gish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 1996 11:45:37 PST
Hi - Since we've started using oral anti-diabetic agents on young people,
I have also tried to obtain accurate information on Bf. Until Dr. Hale's
book we could only find that it hasn't been studied. This week I had a
patient who takes glyburide. She insisted on BF. For the four days she was
in the hospital her blood sugar levels were normal (without med)....she
was sent home without medication and will monitor herself. She has a
clinic appointment for next week and will be followed. I hope that while
she is breastfeeding she will be able to maintain normal levels. Her
doctor has agreed to trying. This was one of three good BF things that
happened this week....the rest was burnout...burnout...scream. Toby from
Haifa where I finally received my JHL.
Name: Toby Gish R.N.LLLL.IBCLC
E-mail: Toby Gish <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 29/03/96