From:
Ericka Hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 10:02:43 -0400
Hi everyone,

I have recently been contacted by a woman who has had reoccuring thrush and
vaginal yeast infections.  It has been suggested by her Dr. that she could
take fluconazole pills, one per day for three days to really kill every bit
of yeast in her body.  She has been told that she cannot nurse her baby for
the three days while she is taking the medication due to the strength of
the dosage.  I searched the Lactnet archives and came up with an
overwhelming amount of information on fluconazole.  My understanding from
all of it is that she can continue to nurse her baby but I am confused as
to the recommended dosage and whether or not she should continue other
types of treatments at the same time.  Could someone clarify all of this
for me.

Thanks

Ericka Hardy
a LLL Leader in Ontario, Canada