From:
Fiona Coombes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 07:40:01 +0800
Hi Teri
I wonder if Hirschsprung's disease is the right diagnosis if the baby
pooped OK for the first couple of months - as far as I understood,
these little ones don't go well at all, as the lower part of the
large bowel doesn't have the right nerve connections. These babies
are constipated, with abdominal distention and sometimes failure to
thrive.
 Some babies apparently have a milder form of the condition,
with intermittent constipation and diarrhoea.
If the baby in question is happy, healthy and thriving, then maybe
the poop frequency is just right for him??
I'm sure Jack Newman would know more about this than me.

Happy Xmas
Fiona

Fiona Coombes MBBS IBCLC               [log in to unmask]
Lactation Consultant, Family Physician
Perth Western Australia